Microgaming DLP Systems
Every responsible company that deals with a huge amount of data should worry about its safety. As there are various risks regarding the information security, Microgaming uses different systems to prevent undesirable consequences. In this article, we will highlight the main points of data loss solutions.
Microgaming DLP is a complex of different approaches for keeping the corporate (or private users’) info safe, i.e. without leakage outside of the company’s network. It also includes special tools and software that can monitor all incoming and outgoing packages.
The main functions of the DLP utilities are:
– Constant checking and (if needed) restricting an unauthorized access to the crucial files;
– Banning undesired actions like sending emails with corporate secrets or stealing customers’ personal data.
DLP System Types
Nowadays, the market of the DLP software products has a lot to offer. Microgaming uses most of the info loss prevention types for different purposes. A brief definition of every example is given below.
1. Network (very similar to <DiM>) serves for analyzing the net traffic and alarming a violation of the sensitive data. This software is installed near the special points that signal when something suspicious happens.
2. Endpoint (similar to <DiU>) is stationed at the terminal of the end-customer. Its main point is to monitor internal/external info between a sender and a receiver. This technology also controls text messages and emails, as it has an access to many electronic devices (PCs, mobile phones). So this allows blocking the transmission of the corporate significant files.
3. Data leakage detection. In some cases, data is transferred to 3d parties. This may result in leakages (on websites, laptops, phones…). So it is necessary to know how, when, and who has made the unauthorized information transmission.
4. Data-at-rest. Old files that are not used constantly are still kept due to their secret content. They also need a special protection, as they are easy to steal. Therefore, such securing options as access permissions, data encodings, and retention methods are needed.
This type concerns the content that is relevant at the moment. The DLP methods should be turned on for monitoring and alarming prohibited activities.
This kind refers to the info that is currently being transferred through a network (int/ext) to a receiver point. The DLP tools look after traveling files and protect the most important of them from being hijacked, copied or accessed without a legal permission.
Microgaming, as an enterprise having large quantities of various content (that should be kept with a high confidence), uses special tools, which can help to identify such a material from regular packages.
For this, all inputs and outputs are classified due to their form. So it monitors structured documents with content checking and common texts (e-mails, messages) or visual media data (free structure) with contextual tests.
As a result, the program knows where and when the revised info was produced.
Data Loss Prevention Methods on Mobile Devices for Microgaming
This gambling provider uses the complex DLP methods that surely cover the handy segment. In the next paragraphs, you’ll discover the main Microgaming mobile security approaches.
Lost or Stolen
When a device with significant files is stolen or lost that might lead to serious consequences, as the confidential data is in danger of exposure. Except for standard protecting measures as passwords and encryption, there is one brutal method as a wipeout. There are special tools for this – Microsoft’s Exchange ActiveSync and IBM’s Notes Traveler. This may be triggered wirelessly when the gadgets have a network connection, otherwise, it won’t start erasing the info. This also can be useful, when a worker leaves current jobs, so for safety, this utility may delete only the corporate data.
DLP with Cloud Storages
Software developer, such as Microgaming, pays attention to all possible hazards that might occur and therefore implements precautions for preventing any undesired consequences. It has a policy concerning stolen devices with the corporate materials, and it also controls what is sent to Cloud storages (workers may upload some files to Dropbox, Google docs, and so on).
The solution that is commonly used is having a secure container that keeps all the corporate data safe from any kind of copying. So it is impossible to even forward or attach anything from it to another source. Moreover, it also has a function of remote deleting (in case of a theft or loss).
Security is the Main Point – Jailbroken and Rooted Devices
The soft developer’s security measures also include certain actions against hacked devices. Some users may buy mobile phones with intruded software or they might want to extend the soft opportunities themselves. Using jailbroken (refers to iOS only) or rooted (Android) is not acceptable especially for work purposes. That’s why there are detection tools that can inform if any gadgets are infected.
Another way is controlling the list of apps and methods of installation by launching the company’s application store or using an antivirus program (for Android).
Selecting the Right Tool
Such an important issue as the security problems should not be solved carelessly. It is very crucial to find high-quality and effective ways.
While selecting the proper tool, next points must be taken into account (company’s particulars):
– Whether the organization works with personal and banking info of its clients or not;
– Things to be protected in the first place;
– Selected access limits.
– Simplicity of installing and handling;
– Range of opportunities;
– Meeting compliance requirements with all software parts.